Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The thing about giving up is you never know.......

So, I have pondered on my year and past decisions that I have made both good and bad but they were my decisions. I have to my biggest disappointment would be my divorce. Now see, this came from out of the blue, my ex husband decided to move on with someone else. Of course, I was devastated, I must have cried for 6 months straight, than denial, anger, depression, but most of all I gave up the fight for what was rightfully mine. My belongings, pictures of my childhood, 12 years of my life, my clothes, shoes, purses,and my everything. After 1 year of court dates and bullshit, I finally just walked away with the clothes on my back. I moved on and started all over with the help of my family and friends. It’s funny even now I’m very territorial with my belongings with my boyfriend. I bought it, it is mine. If this relationship would ever end, I will stand my ground and take what is rightfully mine. I know that it was material belongings from my marriage but I worked so hard to have the best of what I wanted. I think about all that I gave up, it was too draining and depressing how in a split second my life had changed. I miss my fathers photos and I items that I was given after he died, or the photo albums I spent making of my family growing up, or all my shoes and purses! But maybe I needed to go through that period of tine to see that I’m stronger and I will not just give up on anything but to make it through any part of my life that maybe difficult and move forward. I found this quote and thought it was meaningful:
“The thing with giving up is you never know. You never know whether you could have done the job. And I’m sick of not knowing about my life.”
— Sophie Kinsella (Remember Me?)

No comments:

Post a Comment