Thursday, June 9, 2011

And in life, there’s no safety net….

When you’re young, your whole life is about pursuit of fun. Then, you grow up an learn to be cautious. You could break a bone or a heart. You look before you leap and sometimes you don’t leap at all because there’s not always someone there to catch you. And in life, there’s no safety net. With that said it’s funny I think back how when I was younger, I would go out 5 days a week, work all day, go out with my friends till 3am and up for work the next day at 8am. I would never think about the what if’s because I didn’t feel the worries that I do now. I have a real grown up job, dogs, and responsibilities that have made that ” pursuit if fun ” travel in a slightly different path, at least for me! Gosh, I go out for a nice dinner with drinks or wine, then to a bar or out and after and 3 drinks and a few shots I’m done for the night. But, when it comes to love, I think you have to look around for that safety net. Nobody goes into a relationship without caution now a days. I mean it’s not till 6 months into it, that you see the real person that faces you now. I call this the “dating associate” because does he or she really keep the house sparkling clean, or realize that cute habit in the beginning was adorable but now drives you up the wall. Or how about the way he leaves the toilet seat up, leaves his socks and shoes on the coffee table. I could go on and on but these are the love traps we are walking right into. We are so fooled sometimes because we want love and a relationship so bad that we don’t take off the blinders. So open your eyes, look around for that safety net, who cares that you would rather take small steps to the leaps and bounds others take in life and love. If those cute little habits annoy you know they will definitely annoy you 5 years down the road. I want unconditional, mind blowing, make butterflies in my stomach, kind of life and love. Maybe instead of baby steps I may just skip to whatever life has in store for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment