Thursday, June 9, 2011

Home Alone

I can remember as a teenager, I couldn’t wait to be on my own, with my own house, no curfew, no responsibilities from the parentals. I moved to Florida to live with my Aunt and Uncle, then to my ex-husbands mother’s home with him (we were building our house needless to say it wasn’t the best of circumstances), finally to our own home. Even after my divorce I lived with my family until I found my own place. It was great except not much furniture, I was never home except to shower, sleep, or it was the meeting place for the night on the town with all of my friends. Then I meet the present boyfriend, fell madly in love and I moved in together way too soon. Needless to say I have never really lived on my own to appreciate life on my own. I wish now I would’ve made better choices back then to really have live the single life as an adult who wasn’t using her previous home as a sleep, eat, and drink station. I appreciate my alone time, reading a book, cooking what I want, drinking a glass of wine, not having to pick up after someone 24/7, and having a clean home to come too at the end of the day. All I can say is live life to the fullest and appreciate your time because it all changes when you involve someone else in your equation. I think now, that being Home Alone is probably the best feeling of being an adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment